Wednesday, April 17, 2019

An Unexpected Win - Vogue 9268


This dress turned out to be a pleasant surprise!  A string of fails led me to this pattern.  I figured if I was going to fail, I might as well fail in a fun way.  The surprise of the day is that it turned out to be one of my favorite dress! 


Pattern:  Vogue 9268 

This is a great pattern.  It came together pretty quickly, and I loved the surprise reveal at the end with the draping(each fabric drapes differently).  The pattern pieces are strange and you actually sew the bottom hem together leaving just an opening in the center for walking.  This confused me for some reason while sewing but made complete sense when I was done.  LOL. I did move the turn in the dress down about two inches so it would sit a bit nicer on my hips.  The pictures do not do this dress justice.  It walks with a ton of flare and drama but can still be worn to the grocery store.  You got to love that combination!!


Fabric:  Who knows?

Mystery fabric I found at Colorado Fabric in Denver.  It feels like a ITY fabric.  It is the perfect fabric for this dress.  A sturdy yet flowy knit.  It hugs the body well without revealing too much and it handles the draping sides like a beast!



Bottom Line 

This dress just makes me happy.  I highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for something fun and different!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Post a Comment

© Pincushion Chronicle. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.